Tuesday 21 June 2011

My new outfit for the Constitution Day

This is how you were dressed if you were born in Norway in the 1950s. The picture is from the Norwegian Constitution Day which we celebrate every 17th May. (Click on the link to read more about the Constitution Day). As a rule the children get new clothes for this particular day and here you see me in my new "outfit". The coat is tailor made - believe it or not.... I wanted badly a pair of shoes (moccasins) that were in fashion at that time, but they were too expensive so I had to make do with shoes that only slightly resembled those I wanted in the first place and I remember getting blisters when I had them on. And literally the icing on the cake was the stupid looking hat they put on my head. I really did NOT want it, but I had no saying in that department so all I could do was putting on an unhappy face, as you might see...  

Storesøster.