Friday 8 July 2011

"Illegal" postcard from the beginning of the 1900s



I've gotten hold of some old postcards sent to family members of mine at the beginning of the 1900s. My grandfather - and then my mother - kept the cards in a small box and I remember how lucky I felt when I was allowed looking through the pile....

This is a postcard sent within Norway in 1907. I wonder if today it would be allowed selling postcards like this.... I mean, with the law against smoking in public places and the fact that it's not allowed making any publicity for tobacco... 

Anyway; this card is obviously part of something that is going out of fashion together with something that's been published here on the blog earlier; the sigarett boxes/containers etc.

The girl is very beautiful, but I can't say the pipe is particularly flattering for her...