There was an error in this gadget

Sunday, 18 December 2011

18th December


From now on there will be no Christmases without the "church".

This church has always been my favourite since I was a child. Although my mum kept it in the living room all year, at Christmas time it became part of the Santa-Claus-village that my parents always put up in December.

When my mother died this spring I was the lucky one to inherit it, so from no on there will be no Christmases without it.  I've always called it a "church", but when I look at it now, as an adult I think it looks more like a tower in a Romeo-and-Juliet-castle....But that doesn't matter; for me it will remain a "church"...

I have no idea how old it really is, but we've had it for as long as I can remember. However, I think it's from before the 1950s.